Friday, May 16, 2008

ESD#46: your weekend homework

I have three questions for you, all of which I have not been able to answer, even with my superb internet research skills:

1. Does the sound that precedes the "Heroes" "previously on" montages come from Love Spit Love's cover of the Smiths' "How Soon is Now?" I believe the answer is yes. If so, I demand they get royalty checks so they can record again--though I believe I might be the only living and breathing Love Spit Love fan. [Ed.-Oh, snap! Hold on, now. Who knew Richard Butler's been doing solo work? Man, I will eat up anything this man produces.] on a related note...

2. Did McDonalds steal the beat behind the "I'm lovin' it" commercials from D'Angelo's "S.D.M.?"

3. Where can I get the 50 Cent Vitamin Water ad where he's reading the Wall Street Journal? The one they had plastered all over the subways?

No comments: