Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Low: You May Need a Murderer

I rarely read Pitchfork, as I find it all way too pedantic, patronizing, pejorative, [insert disparaging p-word here], but I occasionally do so for album reviews. Their My Brightest Diamond review is quite p-pitiful, further p-prompting my p-proclivity to read elsewhere. However, I'm glad I read it, because they linked to a live performance of the ukulele piece "The Gentlest Gentleman" I mentioned in my review of their Berklee show. This particular video was in New York and sung with Clare from Clare and the Reasons. The song starts around 2 minutes. How beautiful is Shara Worden, might I add?



The other reason I'm thrilled I went over there is that I saw an ad for a DVD about Low (!) called "Low: You May Need a Murderer." You can see a clip on Pitchfork TV. I'd love to check it out, but I guess I should watch "A Skin, A Night" about the National first. Though this looks far more interesting. How beautiful is Alan Sparhawk, might I add?

No comments: