Friday, April 4, 2008

New Kids on the Block, take two

I watched the Today Show this morning, because New Kids on the Block (!!!), as I discussed here.

Usually, I stay far away from tv news, because I always yell at the screen, but the Today Show had their A game on today. Perhaps they knew that well-educated snobs yet stooooopid NKOTB fans like me would be watching.

They did a number of segments on Martin Luther King, commemorating the 40th anniversary of his death. What was further interesting is that his son called on the presidential candidates to commit to creating a cabinet position to address poverty, and Obama has spoken with him regarding this. Hmmm... I wonder what John Edwards is up to these days?

So after being surprisingly impressed with the Today Show, they ran a segment about kid criminals and showed a 13-year-old African-American kid in handcuffs from some sensational killing a couple years ago. I was outraged. Way to reverse all the good you did with your MLK coverage, Today Show. I don't think I'm being overly sensitive about this. Though maybe it's normal now for tv news programs to show images of children who commit crimes; I wouldn't know.

I missed the whole New Kids segment, because I had to get to work, but I did hear Donnie on Kiss 108 this morning. He said they're coming up to Boston after the Today Show, they'll stop by the radio studio, and party it up in Boston tonight. So, who wants to stalk Kiss 108's offices and Felt this evening? E and I are going to see the French Kicks tonight at the Middle East, but maybe the New Kids are indie rock fans. Well, not Jordan, of course. But maybe Jon?

No comments: