Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Gnarls Barkley, take two (plus Counting Crows!)

Buy your Gnarls Barkley album at Newbury Comics. They give you this free and freakin' adorable pint glass.

The Mystery Jets album isn't out yet (I was wrong) and someone hid the LCD Soundsystem's "Sound of Silver", so I bought the Devotchka cd instead. E will like it better than the Mystery Jets anyway.

While I was at Newbury Comics, they were playing the new Counting Crows album. It sounds great--lots of acoustic guitar and very little superfluous orchestration (like the last album). I adored Counting Crows in college, but it's not really my thing anymore. If it were, though, I'd definitely buy the album. Especially since I'd be supporting the mentally ill.

A little personal anecdote: I stopped by Starbucks and drank some Guatemalan Antigua like George Howell told me to do (not clover, though, and yes, it was still over-roasted). Simon & Garfunkel's "At the Zoo" was playing, and it reminded me of high school. I'm debating whether to go home to Philly this weekend to see some high school friends, but all signs are pointing to no. So cheesy Simon & Garfunkel songs are making me sad.

No comments: