Friday, March 7, 2008

I made you a mix-tape #3 (guest dj Ivan)

Ivan is a former student of E. Awesome guy--definitely the next Jonathan Lethem or Zach Condon. He also sends us care packages, which is funny, since he's the one in college. His latest care package included Vermont maple syrup and a "Songs for Spring" mix.

Ivan has introduced us to a lot of good music. I only recently started listening to the Menomena and My Brightest Diamond cds he sent ages ago--wish I had done that sooner.

Here are selections from the mix. Thanks, Ivan! After a quick listen, I have to say Jens Lekman is just as good as the cool kids say he is (he's pretty much on everyone's best of 2007 list). Also, I'm nowhere near hip enough to listen to M.I.A.--makes me feel like I'm "forcin' it", as the young folk say these days.

No comments: