Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Gnarls Barkley's "The Odd Couple"

AOL is streaming the new Gnarls Barkley album "The Odd Couple". Check it out [expired]. It's ridiculously good and a breath of fresh air after two months of overdosing on indie rock.

Speaking of which, I think I may have hit a breaking point with all this new indie music. E hit this point a few days ago and detoxed by listening to only Talib Kweli for three days straight. I hit my point last night after reading numerous gushing reviews of the new Raconteurs album. Only stereogum had the guts to hint at the fact that it might not live up to the hopes and dreams of every indie music fan. It sucks, guys.* Just say it.

I think I'm going to take my money-making moneymaker self down to Newbury Comics today and buy the Gnarls Barkley album. And maybe the new Mystery Jets and the old LCD Soundsystem albums.

*If there's one thing I've learned from listening to lots of new indie music, it's that there's no rhyme or reason to why an individual listener likes one artist and not another. So there's no point in throwing the hatorade around. I'm making an exception here, though. I strongly dislike what I've heard of this album.

No comments: