Sunday, March 9, 2008

I made you a mix-tape #4: dedicated to Luke

Last night we hung out with Luke, and conversation again turned to music. We listened to all his post-rock stuff while playing darts.

We still butt heads on Interpol and The Doves. I hate the former, love the latter. He's the reverse. This morning, I woke up to this voice-mail he left us last night: "Hey guys. I just wanted you to know that right after you left, I played Interpol, and everyone was like, 'ooh, these guys are so great.'" He then proceeded to play a little ditty over the phone. What a punk!

So I made Luke a mix-tape of all music I know he likes. Plus I added The National, Dirty Projectors, LCD Soundsystem and Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, since I think he'd like them, too. I also added !!! to prove that I can like pretentious bands.

So, Luke, you want to go to the Dirty Projectors and British Sea Power shows coming up this month?

No comments: